[Radiance-general] Re: opengl and mac

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:55:52 -0500

pillo wrote:
> i just want to add some news: it works!!!!!
> my mac: ibook (ati 128 8Mb) + jaguar 10.2.4 + X11beta3
> just opened the folder ray/obj/cabin and launched 'make nholo' on the
> terminal
> as you can see the make file refers to rholo OGL based.

Thanks Pillo!  I just upgraded to Beta3, and the cabin scene is twirling
around on my Power Book right now.

It is fascinating to watch the image refine interractively like this.
It's really instructive; in a way it helps me understand how the whole
ray tracing process works, much in the same manner as watching
Lightscape process a radiosity solution helps one understand the
radiosity method.  For example, it's interesting to see how after you
zoom in on an already refined area, the diffuse materials get to reuse a
lot of the samples, whereas the specular ones have to start over.
Watching the subtle shading effects we have become accustomed to seeing
in Radiance images slowly bubble up from what is initially a crude,
pointillistic rendering, is truly fascinating to observe.

Well, I find it interesting. =8-)

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. [email protected]