[Radiance-general] Second Radiance technical note posted

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:21:34 -0400 (EDT)

John Mardaljevic wrote:

> A second Radiance technical note has been posted
> and is available for download here:
>
> http://www.iesd.dmu.ac.uk/~jm
>
> Its self-explanatory title is: "How to Generate Renderings
> Using Arbitrary-Shaped Clipping Surfaces".
>
> Why not post a reply if you found it useful?

I have played with similar ideas in the past, thinking about how
to implement such a feature for Rayfront. The thing that caused
me to push it into the long term queue was that I found no really
elegant way to emulate the pixel sampling and jittering of rpict,
short of actually modifying it.

Nonetheless, I think that the concept as such is the right way to
go. I'm just waiting for one or both of "-vcm <modifier>" and
"-vco <octree>" to be implemented directly in rpict, which would
preserve all the functionality...  ;)

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/