[Radiance-general] Second Radiance technical note posted

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:27:36 -0400

John Mardaljevic wrote:
> A second Radiance technical note has been posted
> and is available for download here:
>
> http://www.iesd.dmu.ac.uk/~jm
>
> Its self-explanatory title is: "How to Generate Renderings
> Using Arbitrary-Shaped Clipping Surfaces".
>
> Why not post a reply if you found it useful?

I for one find this useful.  Coming from Lightscape, I'm quite used to
being able to create renderings that have invisible backfaces, as you
have shown in Figure 4 of this new tech note.  It's a useful technique
in certain situations, and now I know I can apply it to Radiance
renderings as well.  Thanks John, and to Greg for supplying the brain.  =8-)

--

Rob Guglielmetti
[email protected]