[Radiance-general] Re: Radiance-general digest, Vol 1 #191 - 5 msgs

Greg Ward [email protected]
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:17:02 -0700

> From: Markku Norvasuo <[email protected]>
>
> A propos, is there any way to convert calculated illums to other types
> of
> sources (light, glow)? The original source could then be precomputed
> only
> once. I have sometimes missed this option, for example when having
> dozens
> of small identical window openings in a room.

If you use mkillum to generate the distribution of a section of a
window and wish to apply the computed material to other identically
situated panes, simply reuse the material name it produces, which you
may set with the m=string option.  It was designed to work this way.

-Greg