[Radiance-general] points 'n vectors

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:24:27 -0400 (EDT)

Rob Guglielmetti wrote:

> I have an autocad block consisting of a line and an attribute.
>
> I'm looking to write a program (using AutoLISP, since I'm using ACAD for
> my Radiance models) that snags the start and endpoints of the line,
> determines the vector, and saves the xyz of the start point, the vector,
> and the block attribute to a text file.  This text file would be used as
> a data file for rtrace, to keep this somewhat on topic.
>
> Wondering if anyone had any code snippets or references for such an
> adventure?  Sorry for the off-topic question.  Email me privately if you
> want to.

  http://www.schorsch.com/download/torad/

The reason why you want this is that it already implements all the
transformations from within your block coordinate system to world.
Just plug in a different selection mechanism from the front, and
a different file writing routine from behind, and you're done. ;)

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/