[Radiance-general] Re: colorpict modifiers in instances and frozen octrees?

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:52:38 -0400 (EDT)

Lars O. Grobe wrote:

> Hi !
>
> > You do realize that you need to specify the modifier *for the alias*
> > instead of for the aliased material?
>
> Stupid me..... no, I really didn't know THAT.... is this documented?

There's a hint in the description of the material types, saying
that aliases are "useful when the same material is used with a
different modifier".

So you never wondered how Rayfront manages its complete flexibility
in composing modifier trees? That wouldn't be possible without
reassigning modifiers through aliases. Not that you really need
to know that when using Rayfront, as it happens transparently in
the background and all you see is that it works... ;)

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/