[Radiance-general] colorpict modifiers in instances and frozen octrees?

Lars O. Grobe [email protected]
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:51:39 +0200

Hi!

I use a makefile to create a lot of frozen octrees using colorpict modifiers
(via aliases). These octrees are than used as instances to build a part of a
building, which is than transformed into a frozen octree. So  I want to get
frozen octrees for all major parts of my scene which should be useable on
their own, without dependencies on other files.

My makefile than runs rpict on the octree, and I get a nice image.... but I
don't see any image mappings.... I also don't get any error or warnings (I
was used to get "image xxx uses yyy kB" when I used image map patterns so
far).

Are the image maps included in a frozen octree? Do I need any special switch
in rpict to make colorpicts visible (I use just vp vd at the moment)? Is
there anything special when using alias-modifiers in instances (i get my
geometry from dxf2rad, so for each object, I define a file object.mat which
contains just the aliases refering to material definitions in a global file
project.mat).

Thank You, CU, Lars.