[Radiance-general] Re: trouble creating coloured window glass

[email protected] [email protected]
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 09:09:25 -0500

Hi Anton,

What you describe sounds a bit like a bug, so I looked into it.
However, my tests indicate that version 3.4 (at least) of
Radiance is working correctly for the glass type.  What
version/platform are you using?  Are you certain it is not
an exposure issue -- that your level is set so that everything
is clamped to white no matter what the actual color is?
(You can use pfilt or the ximage '=' command to change
the exposure.)

Using mkillum may actually average the window contribution
to white if you do not use the correct options, but just a
regular glass window should work without mkillum, really.

-Greg