[Radiance-general] computing illuminance across a grid

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Thu, 23 May 2002 20:53:59 -0400 (EDT)

Phillip Greenup wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> rillum is available with Adeline, Desktop Radiance and Rayfront.  Perhaps
> it's not a unix thing.

Interesting, I wasn't even aware of that...

Rillum came with the Radiance for Windows sources, so I just
included it without having another look. I am not licensed to
distribute the source, but on a unix system, a shell script
doing the same thing would look like this:

#!/bin/sh
rtrace -I+ -dv- -h- -x 1 $* | rcalc -e '$1=47.1*$1+117.2*$2+14.7*$3'

You call this with all the rtrace parameters you like, followed
by the octree, and it will read the points and vectors from
stdin, spitting out illuminance values at the other end.
Basically rillum is part of what we have already seen written out
few times now, just implemented in C because there's no decent
shell on Windows...  ;)

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/