[Radiance-general] computing illuminance across a grid

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Thu, 23 May 2002 15:57:06 -0400

And then later I wrote:

> > Some more info:
> >
> > I just did a falsecolor image of my scene and it too
shows
> > a totally dark room, with a single patch of direct sun.
> > The rest of the space is < 1Lux.

To which Schorsch replied:

> That's a pretty safe indicator for the -ab 0 syndrome...

Which I suppose is one way of saying RTFM.  Sorry gang.
Now I see that rtrace needs to be told what to do just
like rpict, in terms of the myriad switches.  Sigh.  I guess
coming from the Lightscape/radiosity world I still can't
shake the idea that once you wait a while for a calc, all
the data is there for the asking.

Is there a way to somehow tell rad to do some rtrace
stuff and have rad control the options based on a .rif file,
in the manner that rad controls rpict?

 Rob Guglielmetti <[email protected]>
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rpg777