[Radiance-general] Too many questions to fit in the subject

Peter Apian-Bennewitz [email protected]
Fri, 10 May 2002 07:32:44 +0200

Rob Guglielmetti wrote:

> Yes, I have heard of rshow and it looks good.  But as
> soon as I saw that it was OGL, I assumed I'd need Mesa,
> and compiling,
MESA is one Open-GL implementation running on top of X11 with no
hardware acceleration.
If a system is configured with other Open-GL libraries, typically using
direct hardware rendering in conjuntion with kernel and X11 server,
rshow, as other Open-GL programs, will use that, since it uses the
shared libraries installed on the system. It is known to run on
I386-architecture SUSE7.3 on a machine which had been configured to use
HW accel.
-P.

--
 pab-opto, Freiburg, Germany, www.pab-opto.de