[Radiance-general] Creating texture maps, again

Roland Schregle [email protected]
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:00:05 +0100

Georg Mischler wrote:

> Randolph Fritz wrote:

> > > Um, convert a picture of the stuff to the radiance format
> > > and apply it to your ground... Or did you have something
> > > more elaborate in mind?
> > >

> > That would work for pattern but not texture, not so?
>
> So you actually want a bump map for gravel?

I hacked together something to generate bump maps from texture images
(though not specifically for RADIANCE) simply based on the intensity
gradients. Pretty trivial, but looks good enuff. Unfortunately, the
source wound up somewhere in the Twilight Zone(tm). Hopefully I can dig
it up, but it's really not that difficult to write from scratch.

See ya!

--
"Life is too short for core dumps"