[Radiance-general] Re: view types in rview

Greg Ward [email protected]
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:26:52 -0800

Hi Rob,

The view types are not defined in the rview man page, but they are
described in the rpict one.  They are:

v:	perspective view
l:	parallel view
a:	angular fisheye
h:	hemispherical fisheye
c:	cylindrical (panorama)

These along with the other view parameters are covered pretty well in
the rpict manual page, which you should probably read through at some
point, daunting as that is...

If you want to access the Radiance man pages from the command line, you
should set the MANPATH variable in your .cshrc file.  For example, if
you installed Radiance in /usr/local/share/ray, you could set the
following in your ~/.cshrc file:

setenv MANPATH /usr/local/share/ray/doc/man:${MANPATH}

Then, typing "man rpict" on the command line should give you the rpict
man page.  Unfortunately, OS X seems to wrap on the lines, totally
screwing up the format, and I haven't figured out how to fix that.
You're probably better off with the HTML pages, except for new programs
and ones that have changed.  You can find out how new the man pages are
with:

% ls -lt /usr/local/share/ray/doc/man/man1

-Greg