[Radiance-general] REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR RADIANCE WORKSHOP

Raphael Compagnon [email protected]
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:51:55 +0200

REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR RADIANCE WORKSHOP

What:	Scientific Applications Using RADIANCE

Where:	University of Applied Sciences of Fribourg, Ecole d'ing�nieurs et
d'architectes de Fribourg, Switzerland

When:	September 30 to October 1, 2002

Organizers:	Raphael Compagnon and Greg Ward

Registration:	CHF 200 for speakers	(approx. 1.5 CHF per Euro)
			CHF 255 for attendees
			CHF -105 discount for students

Fee Includes:	Coffee breaks, lunch both days, possibly a dinner, and a
workshop CD-ROM

Hotel:	Rooms will be reserved for participants at discount rates specified
on the registration form

Download registration forms at:	http://www.eif.ch/~compag/rw/

Deadline:	August 31, 2002

Purpose of Workshop:
To provide researchers with an opportunity to present their work with
Radiance, and to share ideas and solutions with workshop participants.
Speakers shall give a 20 minute talk, which will be followed by 10-15
minutes of open discussion.  No printed proceedings will be produced, but a
CD-ROM will be distributed to attendees that will include electronic
materials submitted by the speakers and edited by the organizers.

We have received 29 pre-registrations for the workshop, and a list of
planned speakers and preliminary titles is broken into categories below:

Introduction
---------------------------
	Greg Ward, "Radiance 3.4 and Open Source Development"

Daylighting Studies
---------------------------
	Giulio Antonutto, "a radiance application in daylighting analysis" (from
his thesis)
	Annalisa Simonella, "daylighting analysis" (two titles offered -- we liked
them both)

Lighting Analysis
---------------------------
	Jack de Valpine, "Architectural Visualization: Radiance in Production"
	Georg Mischler, "Simulating daylight redirection systems"
	Haico Schepers, "Radiance use in Australiasia: an Engineers experience"

Applications in a Teaching Context
---------------------------
	Raphael Compagnon, "IRAD: a simple automated simulation program to study
daylighting in rectangular room without knowing much about RADIANCE"
	Axel Jacobs, "Using RADIANCE for teaching lighting simulations on a
European Masters course"

Extensions, User-interface, and CAD Links
---------------------------
	Jean Brange, "a C4D/Radiance converter which is usable on MacOSX"
	Roland Schregle, "The RADIANCE Photon Map"
	Greg Ward, "The Holodeck Interactive Ray Cache"
	Jan Wienold, "Radiance developments at Fraunhofer ISE"

Special Materials (BRDF BTDF, etc.)
---------------------------
	Peter Apian-Bennewitz, on material modeling

High Dynamic Range Images
---------------------------
	Mehlika N. Inanici, "Post Processing of Radiance Images: Virtual Lighting
Laboratory"
	Patrick Ledda, "Perception of High Dynamic Range Scenes"
	Bernhard Spanlang, "Creating Lightmaps from HDR using Radiance"
	Greg Ward, "The Photophile Browser for HDR Images"

Special Applications
---------------------------
	Alan Chalmers, "Very Realistic Graphics for Archaeological Site
Reconstructions"
	Raphael Compagnon, "PPF: a tool to study solar irradiation and illuminance
in urban area"

The names and titles above are not final, and we may get new speakers and
lose some people before we can provide a proper workshop agenda in
September.  About half the pre-registrants have said they would like to
come but do not wish to speak, and we can accommodate everyone we have
heard from at this point.

By August 31, we will also need the final titles and abstracts for all the
talks, along with any materials the speakers wish to include on the
workshop CD-ROM.  At minimum, we would like to get a copy of each speaker's
presentation in PowerPoint, PDF, or HTML (preferred) format, and a short
bio with contact information.  If the speaker also has test scenes, images,
and/or software they would like to share, these would be most welcome.  We
need to get all of these materials in order to have sufficient time to
assemble them into a usable CD-ROM, so we cannot promise to include
anything submitted after the August 31 deadline.

Thank you to everyone who responded, and we look forward to meeting you at
the workshop!

Greg Ward and Raphael Compagnon