[Radiance-general] rpiece and parallel processing

Thomas Seebohm [email protected]
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:59:21 -0400

Ooops, I slipped up in the C shell script I posted in the previous message
on this subject. The "sleep 10" line should be moved down one line after the
first invocation of  rpiece (it works this way but not as efficiently).
Thanks Greg.

For those interested in the system I am running rpiece on: It is a 16
processor SGI Onyx2 IR3 with R12000, 400Mhz processors (not directly
comparable to PC Mhz) and 1GB memory each.  In the reported run I was not
using 11 of the processors because another user was running on the remaining
ones. We are also setting up an 8 processor Linux cluster and will make
comparisons of how Radiance runs on it versus the SGI system.

Thomas