[Radiance-general] Re: Compilation on Solaris 8 SPARC

Greg Ward [email protected]
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:01:15 -0700

Hi Len,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having compile problems.  For some
reason, your version of the GNU-C headers doesn't include a definition
of sys_errlist or sys_nerr, which causes the compile of error.c to fail
in src/common, and subsequently the main Radiance library doesn't get
built.  The build all falls apart after that, as you noticed....

You will have to manually edit the src/common/error.c file with a plain
text editor and change the following lines near the top from:

> #ifndef __GNUC__
> extern char  *sys_errlist[];    /* system error list */
> extern int  sys_nerr;           /* number of system errors */
> #endif

to:

> extern char  *sys_errlist[];    /* system error list */
> extern int  sys_nerr;           /* number of system errors */

(I.e., take off the surrounding precompiler # statements.)  After saving
the file, rerun "makeall install".  I'm hoping the build will work after
that, assuming this was the only problem.

-Greg