[Radiance-general] R: Glare DGI<0

[email protected] [email protected]
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:16:01 +0200

thanks for the interest in such this topic!!!!

now i just want to add some pepper to the discussion....
(or show everybody more clearly that i m a true beginner...)
you told me about glare analysis in the case of artificial lighting
but: how can you consider real photometric curves if they are not directly
visible (illum material+impostor geometriesare are not considered inthe
calculation...) when using impostor geometries?
is it correct to use brightdata+source.cal+light (instead of illum) and
to assign such definition to a surface close to the real shape of light
source considered??

thanks
pillo

PS (true email)
DGI<0 still remains a problem unsolved for me and i m happy to see that
Annalisa shares the same problem with me, i m not alone.
also the fact that findglaring on a octree or on a precalculated picture
gives different values is a problem....
also the fact that different VCP occur with same DGI is a problem (indexes
or calculations problems?)
so i m wondering if the problem is but an rtrace tag's right values choice...
(but which are the parameter involved?)
i m thinking about a convergence test for glare calculations (like Mardaljevic's
ab test)....BUT
the conclusion of my talk is that surely i m a beginner and the problem,
may be, depends ONLY on my little knowledge of glare calculations ...BUT
i'll appreciate every suggestion to solve it. (also like "read again WARD's
SUPERBOOK!")
SO let's talk about this interesting topic !(glare calculations using Radiance)

again,
pillo