[Radiance-general] Re: Trees... and defining them in radiance

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:59:23 -0500 (EST)

Lars O. Grobe wrote:

> In fact, I am currently working on the scene without rayfront. Is there a way
> to make rayfront generate one octree per imported geometry (I used
> rad-geometries, but the dxf-import would be ok, too)? If I try to oconv all
> my rad-files in one run, I get the famous oconv overflow ;-) So I created one
> oct per "object" (in fact per color) and have a instance file "model.rad"
> where I put all my octs together.

There currently is no automatic way. You can place octrees in the
"parts" directory in the project, and include them with the marker
substitution feature. This is slightly clumsy, and primarily interesting
for those parts of your model that contribute a lot to the complexity,
but probably won't change later. The details of the procedure are
more suitable for a different mailing list, though.

Future versions of Rayfront may offer to do this automatically.

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/