[Radiance-general] Re: Trees... and defining them in radiance (Lars O. Grobe)

Lars O. Grobe [email protected]
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:07:20 +0100

Hi!

> The best advice is probably to exclude the tree geometry from the
> ambient calculation as mentioned in another reply. Unfortunately
> this is not yet directly supported by the Rayfront interface
> (which Lars is using), but you can still add the necessary
> parameters to the rif file manually. Rayfront will preserve those
> entries when reading the file, and correctly pass them to rpict
> and friends, even if it doesn't expose them in the GUI.

In fact, I am currently working on the scene without rayfront. Is there a way
to make rayfront generate one octree per imported geometry (I used
rad-geometries, but the dxf-import would be ok, too)? If I try to oconv all
my rad-files in one run, I get the famous oconv overflow ;-) So I created one
oct per "object" (in fact per color) and have a instance file "model.rad"
where I put all my octs together.

CU, Lars.