[Radiance-general] Re: calculation consistency & notebook "sleep"?

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:55:40 -0500

Greg Ward wrote:
> Sleep mode should not affect a background (or foreground) calculation in
> any way.

Good news.  Thanks Greg, Pillo, Carsten and Iebele, for the info.
Iebele, for the record, your tip would not help me because what I am
looking to do is to put my laptop in a bag and take it to/from work.
When you close the lid, it automatically goes to sleep.  So I was really
interested in seeing what affect sleep mode has on an ongoing
calculation, not so much  how to avoid causing my computer to go to
sleep.  Thanks for the info though!

P.S.
I'm approaching my one year anniversary with my PowerBook, and I'm still
very much in love.  OSX is really an amazing OS (which is to say, UNIX
is amazing).  Coming from the underpriviledged world ruled by Bill
Gates, I'm constantly amazed by the depth of UNIX; that Apple was able
to build UNIX into a more user-friendly OS is indeed a godsend for
people like me.

Happy New Year, to all the photon wranglers on the Radiance-General list!

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. [email protected]
w. www.rumblestrip.org