[Radiance-general] Solid acrylic cylinder

Peter Apian-Bennewitz [email protected]
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:38:32 +0200

--------------B6DE615E3232F5C2275A48C0

Barbara Matusiak wrote:

> I am trying to simulate a cylinder made of solid acrylic material, lyin=
g on
> the table by the window. I defined the sky as "sunny sky with sun". The=

> sunlight is incident on the cylinder. I used the "dielectric" material
> description and the primitive "cylinder".
>
> You can see on the picture, that the cylinder is transparent, but there=
 is
> no any spot of the sunlight that comes through the material. I gues the=

> reason is that the dielectric material is not a secondary light source.=

> Has anybody an idea which other "material" should I use?
>
> Barbara.
> F=F8rsteamanuensis Barbara Matusiak      Tel. dir.: +47 73 59 50 77
> Dept. of Architectural Design          Tel. dept: +47 73 59 50 50
> Faculty of Architecture,               Fax:       +47 73 59 53 88
>    Planning and Fine Arts              e-mail:
> Norwegian University of Science        [email protected]
>    and Technology (NTNU)
> N-7491 Trondheim, NORWAY

classical example of rendering 'caustics': points of high intensity where=

light
is reflective/refracted of glossy surfaces or transparent material.
Doesn't work in classical radiance, but will when forward raytracing is a=
dded
to it.
You may want to ask Roland Schregle what the state of his photon map add-=
on
is.

-Peter

--
 pab-opto, Freiburg, Germany, www.pab-opto.de

--------------B6DE615E3232F5C2275A48C0

Barbara Matusiak wrote:
acrylic material, lying on
The
is
the
Tel. dir.: +47 73 59 50 77
Tel. dept: +47 73 59 50 50
Fax:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; +47 73 59 53 88
e-mail:
[email protected]
classical example of rendering 'caustics': points of high intensity where
light
is added to it.
add-on is.
<pre>--&nbsp;