[Radiance-general] Solid acrylic cylinder

Barbara Matusiak [email protected]
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:58:31 +0200

I am trying to simulate a cylinder made of solid acrylic material, lying on
the table by the window. I defined the sky as "sunny sky with sun". The
sunlight is incident on the cylinder. I used the "dielectric" material
description and the primitive "cylinder".

You can see on the picture, that the cylinder is transparent, but there is
no any spot of the sunlight that comes through the material. I gues the
reason is that the dielectric material is not a secondary light source.

Has anybody an idea which other "material" should I use?

Barbara.
F�rsteamanuensis Barbara Matusiak      Tel. dir.: +47 73 59 50 77
Dept. of Architectural Design          Tel. dept: +47 73 59 50 50
Faculty of Architecture,      	       Fax:       +47 73 59 53 88
   Planning and Fine Arts              e-mail:
Norwegian University of Science        [email protected]
   and Technology (NTNU)
N-7491 Trondheim, NORWAY