[Radiance-general] rpict error: address not found in avlmemi

Lars O. Grobe [email protected]
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:45:06 +0200

Hi List!

Finally, I've put my email address onto this list, nice to have
radiance-online.org!

And here's my first question:

I am trying to render a quite complex model (imported from CAD, and
there are no
instances, so it takes a lot of memory). If I try to get better quality
and higher
resolution, rpict gives me an error:

[...]rpict: 6581491 rays, 49,87% after... [...]
rpict: consistency - address not found in avlmemi
rad: error rendering view 1

I did this on a netfinity with a lot of ram and two pIII-833. But in
fact, the
machine is a fileserver... so is this error the result of insufficient
memory?

I have installed 3r2p11. On Linux 2.4.4 (SuSE 7.0).

BTW, as I know that Georg Mischler is on the list: dxf2rad is a great
way to import
data from formZ!!! I wrote dxfr14 and translated it with dxf2rad, it
works perfectly!
So this is an alternative besides the obj-way and the
3ds/mgf/rad-conversion.

Thank You, CU, Lars.

BTW: I just found patch 20, I never found it on the ftp. I will try
this, too.