[Radiance-dev] problems with evalglare-binaries of the github from NREL

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at epfl.ch
Thu Oct 20 03:36:27 PDT 2016

Hi Rob,

it seems the windows version of evalglare in the github-installer is
broken (v1.31, which is in the current headrelease) ... executing it
with a file causes crashes. Alstan mentioned it to me and I could
reproduce that problem in my windows-7 64-bit-VirtualMachine.

I have no idea why, maybe it is a 32/64bit issue (in one of the crash
files I could see an entry "kernel32.dll", although I have a 64bit
installation. But I'm not familiar at all with windows...

I also have a stand-alone version, compiled with mingw (32bit). I could
provide that to you for an easy-fix in the installer, but this does not
solve the problem. Let me know, what I could do to fix that.

I also tested quickly the linux-installer-binary version and this works
properly, but it is actually 25% slower than the one I have compiled
directly on my machine...

thx!

best

Jan

--
Dr.-Ing.  Jan Wienold
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)

http://people.epfl.ch/jan.wienold
LE 1 111 (Office)
Phone    +41 21 69 3084932.dll