[Radiance-openstudio] Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) Calculations in OpenStudio's Coupled Radiance and EnergyPlus Simulations

Germán Molina Larrain germolinal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 12:36:10 PDT 2014

If the VB model does not work for you, you can allways dynamically modify
the BSDF by using the EnergyManagementSystem (EMS).

EnergyPlus calculates the SHG through a CFS by passing the beam radiation
through the BSDF you define in the IDF file. The diffuse radiation, I
understand, is averaged.

Calculating SHG using Radiance is something I would like to know of! if you
find anything, let me know.

THANKS

Germán