[Radiance-general] PhD positions at University of Oregon

Kevin Van Den Wymelenberg kevinvdw at uoregon.edu
Wed Oct 3 21:31:25 PDT 2018

Dear Radiance Community,

Please help us spread the word about a new opportunity to pursue a fully funded doctoral degree at the University of Oregon, College of Design.<https://archenvironment.uoregon.edu/architecture/grad/phd>

Starting in the 2019 Academic Year, the Institute for Health in the Built Environment will offer full funding to one or more top candidates accepted to the Doctoral Program .  The University of Oregon’s Architecture programs are highly ranked for health and sustainability in the Design Intelligence Rankings, often first, and routinely in the top 5 in the nation for undergraduate and graduate studies.  Our long tradition of performance in these areas is matched by our commitment to recruit and support students who express a passion for reducing energy use, increasing comfort, and redefining indoor environmental quality to promote healthy indoor inhabitation.  At the Institute for Health in the Built Environment, we conduct research to support resilient design practices so that humans can thrive without negatively impacting the planet. If you want to study in a supportive community with a similar vision for the future of our profession and our built environment, join us at the University of Oregon!

The Institute for Health in the Built Environment is composed of the Energy Studies in Buildings Laboratory, the Baker Lighting Laboratory, and the Biology in the Built Environment Center.  You can learn more about our team, our course work, and research agenda here:

Institute for Health in the Built Environment<https://blogs.uoregon.edu/buildhealth/>

  *   Baker Lighting Lab<https://baker.uoregon.edu/>
  *   Energy Studies in Buildings Laboratory<https://blogs.uoregon.edu/esbl/>
  *   Biology & The Built Environment Center<https://biobe.uoregon.edu/>

If you are interested, follow this link to apply<https://archenvironment.uoregon.edu/architecture/apply/phd> before December 2, 2018.

Sincerely,

Siobhan Rockcastle & Kevin Van Den Wymelenberg

Check out our new book: Transforming Architecture<http://blogs.uoregon.edu/esbl/festschrift/>
Kevin Van Den Wymelenberg, PhD
Director, Institute for Health in the Built Environment<https://blogs.uoregon.edu/buildhealth/>;
Director, Energy Studies in Buildings Laboratory<https://blogs.uoregon.edu/esbl/>;
Co-Director, <https://biobe.uoregon.edu/> Biology & The Built Environment Center<https://biobe.uoregon.edu/>;<https://biobe.uoregon.edu/>
Associate Professor of Architecture, University of Oregon
kevinvdw at uoregon.edu<mailto:kevinvdw at uoregon.edu>     cell:458.210.7303

Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering
University of Idaho, Integrated Design Lab

Twitter+Instagram: @wymelenberg