[Radiance-general] Help with converting using optics2glazedb

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed May 30 15:06:20 PDT 2018

Hi Aditya,

There is a Perl version of the script, called "optics2rad.pl".  I don't think it gets installed by default, but you can find it in the ray/src/cv directory and install it yourself.

There are a few problems with your file.  Mainly, neither version of optics2rad can handle underscores in the material name.  I had to change those out for '.' or remove them.  Here are the outputs I get:

# Output generated by /usr/local/ray/optics2rad from /Users/gward/Desktop/CLR_6.rad
#
# FileName= CLR_6.AFG
# Product Name= Float Glass
# NFRC ID= 890
# Manufacturer Name= AGC Glass Co. N.A.
# Glazing Type= Monolithic
# Coated Side= Neither
# Transmittance= 0.883
# Front Reflectance= 0.076
# Back Reflectance= 0.076
# Thickness(mm)= 5.715
# Appearance= Clear
#

void glass    CLR6
0
0
3  0.938   0.97  0.965

----------

# Output generated by optics2rad from /Users/gward/Desktop/ippl_4727_10617_8.rad
#
# FileName= ippl_4727_10617_8.ipe
# Product Name= ipasol platin 47/27 8 mm
# NFRC ID= 7171
# Manufacturer Name= INTERPANE GLAS INDUSTRIE AG
# Glazing Type= Coated
# Coated Side= Back
# Transmittance= 0.510
# Front Reflectance= 0.224
# Back Reflectance= 0.081
# Thickness(mm)= 7.850
# Appearance= clear
#
void BRTDfunc ippl4727.10617.8
10 rR_bronze rG_bronze rB_bronze
0.469*tR_bronze   0.529*tG_bronze   0.491*tB_bronze
0 0 0 window.cal
0
15 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0.184       0.231    0.315
0.027       0.098    0.133

---------

FInally, we are moving Q&A over to the Radiance Discourse server <discourse.radiance-online.org/top>, which is unfortunately out of commission today....

Cheers,
-Greg