[Radiance-general] Radiance Matrix-Based Methods

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon May 14 09:40:25 PDT 2018

Changes to materials or distant light source directions do not affect the octree.  As long as you avoid the oconv -f option, you can re-use the octree and get correct results.  However, if you change the number or type of primitives in the scene file, as switching between sunny and overcast skies will do, then the octree will need to be rebuilt.  This is because Radiance uses a simple counter index for referencing primitives in its input.

Best,
-Greg