[Radiance-general] BSDF material interaction with -ab

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 07:15:09 PDT 2018

Hello Marouane,

There is a separate "direct" calculation associated with all of the Radiance bsdf materials, which queries the reflectance function for the eye ray and source ray directions.  All bsdf materials include some notion of diffuse contributions, sometimes adding the non-source directional diffuse in with the truly Lambertian component.  Only the "BSDF" type sends additional rays in the non-source directions, keeping the Lambertian part separate.

I hope this helps.

-Greg