[Radiance-general] parallel dctimestep

Sarith Subramaniam sarith at psu.edu
Fri Sep 22 09:58:17 PDT 2017

Hi Santiago and Greg,

To add to my original reply, I ran my simulations using the standard
version of dctimestep. I use a fairly souped-up Microsoft Azure
cloud-based VM which has  250GB of RAM. If you are parallelizing
image-based simulations, you'd want to explicitly specify the
month-name, or number, in the string formatting option( something like
-o results/Jan%03d.hdr). If not, there is a chance that the results from
one instance of dctimestep might get overwritten by the other (I learnt
this the hard way).

Sarith