[Radiance-general] High Sierra OS - latest

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 08:48:34 PDT 2017

HI Rob,

The new filesystem is the default for drives you initialize, but it won't change or affect an existing filesystem.  To get the benefits of the new format, you would need to erase and restore your system.  The easiest way to do this would be to create a Time Machine backup, then do a "clean install" of High Sierra, then use Migration Assistant to restore your previous system from the TM backup.  This will take many hours, depending on how much data you have on backup.

I'm not recommending this, unless these new filesystem features are really important to you.  Radiance should run fine on the new filesystem.  I don't think X11 would be affected, either.  Neither program accesses the filesystem at such a low level that it should matter.

Best,
-Greg