[Radiance-general] High Sierra OS - latest

Shakespeare, Robert A. shakespe at indiana.edu
Tue Oct 24 06:46:55 PDT 2017

I just received notice of the availability of "High Sierra"(4+) MacOS.

It includes the following:
Upgrade the performance, reliability, and security of your Mac with the new Apple File System.
.Update to a new file system architecture designed for all Flash Macs
.Protect your entire drive with built-in native encryption for greater security.

Well I have a built-in flash drive, and the primary purpose of this laptop is for Radiance, running in an Xquartz X11 system.

Does the new file system and its protections affect command-line Radiance? I currently run OSX  10.12.6. Trying to avoid a dysfunctional laptop if patches are needed to run Radiance.

Thanks!

Rob