[Radiance-general] Generate sky-matrix by using TMY weather data

Wang Clarence wangjuncwz at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 26 18:26:24 PST 2017

Dear all,

When I created direct-only sky-matrix and sun-matrix of Hong Kong region by using commands "epw2wea" and "gendaymtx", the results seemed weird. The data of .smx file I rendered almost were null, so was the data of New York City . I had no ideas about its correctness.  Anyone could help me out of confusion?

#Generate a direct-only sky-matrix for the sun coefficient calculation.
#epw2wea weather/CHN_Hong.Kong.SAR.450070_CityUHK.epw weather/HK.wea
#gendaymtx -m 1 -d weather/HK.wea > skyVectors/HKd.smx

#Generate a sun-matrix for the sun coefficient calculation.
#epw2wea weather/CHN_Hong.Kong.SAR.450070_CityUHK.epw weather/HK.wea
#gendaymtx -m 2 -5 0.533 -d weather/HK.wea > skyVectors/HKsun.smx

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Clarence