[Radiance-general] RAYPATH problems 5

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Wed May 17 14:50:52 PDT 2017

If the ‘source’ trick worked, then yours is already a more permanent fix.
It means that the changes you made to your .bashrc were applied to the
current terminal (and that they seem to work). Confirm this by opening a
new terminal and trying the radiance commands again. Should work fine, as
the new terminal will read the .bashrc file on startup. The .profile file
is simply another place you can put these kinds of environment statements;
it works much the same way as .bashrc does, except it is more general
(i.e., it’s used for other shells besides bash).

- Rob