[Radiance-general] Trans material - single pane of polycarbonate

Erika Saretta erika.saretta at supsi.ch
Sat Mar 25 01:43:06 PDT 2017

HI!

I am trying to model a panel of polycarbonate (modeled as a surface facing
the sun).

My goal is to determine the annual solar radiation behind it.

Since I have the following values:

-          Transmission 71%

-          Haze 66%

I am trying to model the polycarbonate as a "trans" material in Radiance.

Then, I perform the radiation analysis (I use DIVA4RHINO and Daysim model)
with the following parameters for the trans material:

void trans polycarbonate

0

0

7 0.972 0.902 0.835 0.07 0 0.706 0.344

But. I obtain very low radiation values (from 30% to 50% of radiation loss).

Does this loss seem unreal as a result?

Do you think that "trans" material is the right choice for the
polycarbonate?

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance

Erika