[Radiance-general] Command to output maximum luminance from falsecolour image

Florian Wochele emb15fwo at student.lu.se
Wed Mar 29 04:16:06 PDT 2017

Dear Mr Ward,

I am currently trying to get the maximum luminance values from a series
of falsecolour images. Since the wxfalsecolour.exe can show me the
extremes I assume the information is somehow saved in the file.
However now I am searching for a command which is giving me the maximum
luminance value as a number, so not in the picture itself.

The goal is to have a list of all the maximum values of a series of
image-based simulations for all the hours of the year - so a manual
solution is not an option for us. Since the point of the highest
luminance is also changing by time we can't just use the same
coordinates for each picture.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Florian Wochele