[Radiance-general] Calculating luminance of surface

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 10:21:48 PST 2017

The quantity you are asking for, luminance as a function of incident illuminance, is precisely what the BRDF (bidirectional reflectance distribution function) tells you.  If you have the BRDF of your panel, you can compute the luminance directly from illuminance and incident direction.  If you do not, you cannot compute the luminance without making some (likely wrong) assumptions.

-Greg