[Radiance-general] Non symmetrical BSDF from symmetrical geometry

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 08:17:28 PDT 2017

Hi Marouane,

Your fabric has very thin lines in it, which may be difficult to integrate with the normal sampling density.  Since the pattern seems to repeat, I recommend that you restrict your sampling area using the genBSDF -dim option to set a bounding box.  Looking at your file, the pattern appears to repeat every 42 mm.  You can set a square area near the middle of your fabric with this diameter like so:

	genBSDF +f +b -geom millimeter -dim 1500 1542 1500 1542 -1 0 0.rad > 0.xml

This seems to produce something reasonably symmetric when I try it.

Cheers,
-Greg