[Radiance-general] How does Pvalue determine CCT in HDR images and how is the EV of a HDR image determined?

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 08:43:48 PDT 2017

Hi Kars,

It's difficult to answer your question if you don't explain why you are asking.  If you use the given formulae to compute your EXPOSURE value in some kind of manual conversion of each image to HDR format, the values will correspond, even if the limits are still standard dynamic range.  This is sort of what happens if you give Photosphere a single image and tell it to build an HDR result.  If you give Photosphere multiple images, it knows how to apply the formula for you.  The same is true of hdrgen.

If you are using different software or writing your own, then you need to better explain your expected inputs, or provide a clear example with where you are stuck.

Best,
-Greg

P.S.  I am moving the remainder of this thread to the HDRI mailing list.