[Radiance-general] Remove attenuation and specify ray distance of an IES light source?

John Everist john.everist at icloud.com
Mon Jul 24 14:40:49 PDT 2017

Thanks Greg, thats working for me 😊

Sent from AltaMail

 From: Greg Ward <gregoryjward at gmail.com> To: Radiance general discussion <radiance-general at radiance-online.org> Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] Remove attenuation and specify ray distance of an IES light source? Date: 17/07/2017, 22:32

Well, you have to convert an IES source to Radiance using ies2rad, right?  Just edit the output of that program to fit the described solution.  For example, you can use the "-i" option of ies2rad to generate a spherical light source, then change the "illum" to "glow" with the Dmax limit.

Cheers,
-Greg