[Radiance-general] pmapdump: -r is ignored

Roland Schregle roland.schregle at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 10:51:09 PST 2017

On Wed, 06 Dec 2017 20:25:32 +0100, Axel Jacobs <jacobs.axel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you, Roland,
>
> my scene is a simple light pipe with a planar diffusor at the end.  I
> managed to change the zero radii to something non-zero and visualise the
> photon map.  As you say--all red (caustic) spheres are on the diffusor.

Hi Axel,

No prob. I just updated pmapdump.c in the CVS. Try that with your original
(coplanar) caustic pmap.

The automatic sphere radius is a pretty rudimentary guess and often needs
some manual tweaking. Usually it's too small, but on the upside that
reduces sphere overlap, which would otherwise slow oconv down. Pmapdump is
still pretty rough around the edges, even after over a decade... ;^)

Best regards,

--Roland