[Radiance-general] pmapdump: -r is ignored

Axel Jacobs jacobs.axel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 06:24:08 PST 2017

I am playing with a very simple room that has a light pipe in it.
I've created a global and a caustic photon map.  When running them
through pmapdump, all caustic photons have a zero radius.  I am
attempting to fix this with the -r option, but it gets ignored.  Is
this expected?

The man page states that
"In cases where the distribution is substantially nonuniform (e.g.
highly localised caustics) the radius can be manually corrected with
this option."

Does pmapdump know whether it is dealing with a 'substantially
nonuniform distribution', and ignore -r if it is not?

Thank you

Axel