[Radiance-general] General Questions: Math for Radiance; Estimated time to proficiency

Randolph M. Fritz rmfritz3 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 20:10:19 PDT 2017

Glassner’s *Principles of Digital Image Synthesis*. (2 vols. San
Francisco, CA: Morgann Kaufmann Publishers, Inc., 1995) is the
reference I used, back when; anyone know if there has been a
subsequent book which covers the same ground? The physics, I would
say, is basically simple, *but* presents computational problems which
remain difficult, even with modern computing hardware.

For Radiance specifically, the mathematical specifics of the basic
system are covered in *Rendering with Radiance* part III. Newer
components are covered in various Radiance Workshop presentations.

Randolph M. Fritz