[Radiance-general] VI-Suite v0.4

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at epfl.ch
Tue Aug 8 05:45:34 PDT 2017

Hi Ryan,

it looks really cool.

Are there already plans to include evaluations according to the new
European Daylight Standard prEN17037 "Daylight of buildings"? So far it
is still a draft, but if all goes well it will become a standard at the
beginning of next year.
This would mean including CBDM for the daylight provision (a bit other
definition than sDA),  calculate the sunlight exposure (in contrary to
the US, the European standard recommends to have access to direct
sunlight) and calculate the protection from glare (CBDM glare evaluation
based on DGP).

For an implementation of the CBDM glare analysis I can offer my help.

Cheers
Jan