[Radiance-general] Images too bright with gendaylit

Joe solarjoe at posteo.org
Tue Aug 8 00:17:05 PDT 2017

Hello,

when I use gendaylit to create a sun my images are too bright.

The command used is

gendaylit -ang 90 0 -W 900 200

void light solar
0
0
3 7.576e+006 7.576e+006 7.576e+006

solar source sun
0
0
4 -0.000000 -0.052336 0.998630 0.533000

This will put the sun to the zenith with reasonable values
for direct normal and diffuse irradiance in W/m^2.

Correct so far?

I removed the skyfunc, just the sun source is active.

I put together a simple scene:
- plastic cylinders as coordinate origin,
- large brown ground plate
- dielectric spheres (I just love those :)

Here is an image with renderings of different sun settings:

http://imgur.com/hOqCpmY

When I use the sun as stated above the image on the right
side is rendered. Much too bright.

Reducing the parameters of void light solar:

middle image (7.576e+005 7.576e+005 7.576e+005 )
left image (7.576e+004 7.576e+004 7.576e+004)

Viewed with default parameters of rvu.

Do you have an idea what I am doing wrong
or might have missed?

Kind regards,
Joe