[Radiance-general] different methods on irradiance calculation

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 13:04:20 PDT 2017

Hi Ali,

Multiprocessing is not supported under Windows using rtrace, unfortunately.

Mkillum is not advisable if you are just computing illuminance points.

Turning interpolation off with rtrace (-aa 0) is a reasonable thing to do for point calculations, especially if you have only a handful of values you are computing.  The payoff for the ambient cache is when you have many bounces and/or many calculation points.

Best,
-Greg