[Radiance-general] Trans material - single pane of polycarbonate

Christopher Rush Christopher.Rush at arup.com
Tue Apr 4 12:35:54 PDT 2017

Hi Charlie,
Thanks for the note of confidence in haze factor. I guess if I see a third-party lab ASTM D1003 report for a material, I might consider it for developing an approximate a radiance material definition.

At what thickness do you think haze factor (if reported) might not be reliable for a radiance definition? 5mm acrylic? 10mm laminated glass with diffusing interlayer? Multi-pane IGU maybe 30mm with diffusion applied to on one or more faces or interlayers?

My ASTM / EN comparison with fabric testing was not related to spectral data, but visible transmittance values given according to EN14501 with Tv,n-n & Tv,n-h (maybe the ASTM equivalent is E903 which I believe might be less accurate). Apologies I didn’t think to include those in my previous message, and may have been misleading since not directly related to glazing.

Thanks,
Chris