[Radiance-general] BSDFViewer - installation/update

Andy McNeil mcneil.andrew at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 09:21:42 PDT 2016

Hi Paulina,
First, libBSDF is only needed for tensor tree BSDFs. If you only need to
view klems BSDFs let me know and I can send you a version that doesn't
support tensortree and will save all this extra hassle.

Did you try adding the -fPIC flag to the g++ command for compiling the
library? I've added and removed this flag a few times. It seems that some
systems need it while other systems can't have it. I'm not a linux expert
so I'm not sure why the difference, or how to spot the difference.

Have you tried running as root?
sudo bash /install.sh
You'll might root permission to put the shared object in the /usr/lib
(though I wouldn't expect it to be necessary).

Can you check to see if /usr/lib even exists on your system? And that it
contains libBSDF.so?

Thanks,
Andy