[Radiance-general] BSDFViewer - installation

Paulína Šujanová paulina.sujanova at stuba.sk
Mon Oct 24 15:02:48 PDT 2016

Dear mailing list (most probably Andy McNeil),

sorry for the _yet another installation proble__m_:
I am not able to install the BSDFViewer (looked through all of the
already given answers in the archives - without much progress).

All works well until:
/usr/bin/ld: badarg.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1'
can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
badarg.o: error adding symbols: Bad value
In file included from libBSDF.h:2:0,
                  from libBSDF.cpp:13:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/include/jni.h:45:20: fatal error:
jni_md.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
g++: error: libBSDF.o: No such file or directory
g++: error: libBSDF.so: No such file or directory
g++: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
cp: cannot stat 'BSDFViewer/libBSDF.so': No such file or directory

I did install the /java development environment/, well but further, I am
not able to move.

Thanks for any hints, and kind regards,

Paulína

--