[Radiance-general] transfunc with measured data (poor man's BSDF)

Stephen Wasilewski stephen at coolshadow.com
Tue May 17 14:12:18 PDT 2016

Thanks Greg,

bsdf2klems is doing what I wanted perfectly but bsdf2ttree is doing
something a little weird.  I used t4 just so I could view the output with
Andy's BSDF viewer and when I run it with the defaults the "front" in the
BSDF viewer (which i think is made from +backward with bsdf2ttree) looks
good, but when I include +forward the "back" transmission is too high.
This does not happen with the klems bsdf.

The hemispherical transmission for a normal ray is 75% for both klems
directions and ttree front, but ttree back is 91.6.  Any idea whats going
on?  I can probably get around this by paying attention to surface normals,
but I am looking at a multi layered assembly where I expect backface
reflection and transmission to matter.

Thanks,

Stephen